Project Photos by Ashley Halliday Architects
The project comprises a significant upgrade to the existing Mount Gambier Regional Airport to cater for increased passenger numbers, air freight, and to provide a new gateway to the region.
The redevelopment project requires the construction of a new terminal building, runway extensions and upgrades, and infrastructure redevelopment.
The ESD features of the new terminal building include:
- The ability to fully naturally ventilated the terminal or operate it in mixed mode when ambient conditions allow
- Extensive external shading and glazing system optimisation using computer simulation techniques
- A 20kW solar PV array, with panel orientation optimised to avoid aircraft glare (modelled to CASA standards)
- A closed loop water supply using no mains water
- Extensive use of local and natural materials, and a biophilic approach to interior design
Mount Gambier, SA
Ashley Halliday Architects
District Council of Grant
Environmentally Sustainable Design
Building Performance Simulation