Project Photos by Studio Nine Architects
Located within Adelaide Export Park, the conversion of a double height warehouse style building into a leading-edge commercial office space for national corporation OZ Minerals.
Building upgrades included a new external facade, replacement of the roof to achieve the stringent thermal & acoustic requirements, also affording us the opportunity to introduce a large skylight over the central collaboration spine to deliver natural light throughout the core of the tenancy.
The successful design outcome has acted as a catalyst to ensuring a seamless transition for OZ Minerals staff into an activity based working environment which encourages and supports flexibility, inclusion and adaptability. While in construction, the project acted as a major catalyst for attracting new tenants into Export Park, realising one of the key objectives of the original brief.
Sustainable design features include:
- The insertion of a new atrium allowing the space to be naturally daylit and connected
- Roof mounted solar PV arrays
- Full glare modelling analysis of both the atrium glass and solar PV to CASA standards for aircraft pilot glare
- Optimised façade treatments to manage solar gain
- Modelled to achieve a 5 Star NABERS Energy rating
Commendation for Commercial Architecture, Australian Institute of Architecture SA Chapter Awards 2019
Adelaide Airport, SA
Studio Nine Architects
Environmentally Sustainable Design
Building Performance Simulation
Green Building Ratings