Photos from Greenway Architects and Cheeseman Architects
dsquared have provided strategic and project consultancy services to SA Health for more than 7 years.
dsquared’s strategic consultancy services have included:
- The development of the Independent Green Rating Tool (IGRAT), a green building rating tool developed as an in-house rating tool for new buildings and refurbishments. IGRAT is used on all SA Health projects to establish key performance indicators and a method of verification of sustainable outcomes on capital works projects.
- A guide to building energy performance simulation.
- Strategic advice on the deployment of the WELL Building rating tool, Life Cycle Analysis for material selection and construction techniques, and the environmental impact of refrigerants across their life cycle.
dsquared have been appointed by SA Health in the role of Independent ESD Advocate (IEA) on multiple capital works projects. The role of the IEA is to ensure that SA Health's ESD requirements are embedded in the design and construction of SA Health facilities.
These capital works projects include:
- Modbury Hospital - Transforming Health upgrades including a new OPMHU and Hydrotherapy Pool
- Modbury Hospital - $120m Stage 3 redevelopment
- Noarlunga Hospital - $40m refurbishment
- Flinders Medical Centre - $200m redevelopment including a new OPMHU, Hydrotherapy Pool, and 2,000 space multi-deck car park
- Jamie Larcombe Hospital, Glenside – a new $80m veterans care hospital
- Lyell McEwin Hospital Stage 3 – new $130m extension
- Murray Bridge Soldier’s Memorial Hospital – new $20m refurbishment and upgrade
In addition to the IEA role, dsquared have been appointed as specialist ESD consultants on the following capital projects:
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital - $250m new intensive care building, including a feasibility study on the use of the new WELL building rating tool
- SAAS RRAS Adelaide Airport – new combined ambulance station and rapid retrieval helicopter air base and emergency services centre
- Parafield Airport ambulance station
Engagement & Advocacy
Green Building Ratings